“You don’t make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” – Ansel Adams
Photography is a joy to me. I’ve written about it here many times. It restores the magic of wonder, of seeing the world around us in a pure light, and freezes precious time. When a photograph speaks, we have to sit up and pay attention, and ask the question why.
Sometimes, cool things happen. And then there are times when really cool things happen. A few really cool things have happened regarding my photography.
It’s true: I love to take photographs. I’ve brought my current camera around the world, and have posted a lot of photographs here on my site. But I never would have guessed the things I capture would mean something to others, too.
The Amazing Places My Photography Has Gone
Amazingly, this wired world has brought people here who connect with my photography. Some of these great people who have found their way to my photography include:
- the European Music Archaeolology Project, the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- City of Prague, Tradefairs project, Frankfurt, DE
- Zurich, Switzerland design studio, private display
- Jewish Museum of Milwaukee,exhibit
- U.S. Museums, Stitching History from the Holocaust traveling exhibit backdrop
- Boston Cecelia Concerts
- Dream of Italy PBS travel series, tv show
- Dreyers Forlag Oslo publishers, Drommon Om Europa book cover
- Brevard Zoo, Florida Shorebird Alliance
- Capitol Prague Cafe, D.C., wall mural
- and others, private collectors, worldwide
I have a few favorite photographs, below … they’re from travels or from my backyard garden. A few more are on my Portfolio page of the site, and a portion of those are available at RedBubble and at SmugMug.
In all, I am very grateful. Thank you to all who have enjoyed and shared my photography.